This statement sets out Nicholas Trust policies relating to the collection and use of your personal information on the Nicholas Trust web site. It applies to your conduct on the Site.
1. Your personal information is important to us
2. Collecting personal information about you
Nicholas Trust will collect personal information about you only when you make an enquiry of the organisation, make a donation or make a purchase. Any further collection of your personal information than that explained above will only occur with consent from you. We do not collect information about you from other organisations or from sites outside the site that you may visit.
3. All personal information you provide to Nicholas Trust over the Internet while making a transaction is passed through a secure, encrypted connection.
The secure connection is over a protocol called secure sockets layer (SSL). Nicholas Trust uses 128-bit SSL encryption, which provides one of the highest levels of protection against unauthorised access in order to prevent unauthorised persons from reading the information you send to Nicholas Trust while it is in transit over the Internet.
4. Using and disclosing your personal information
Nicholas Trust will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, or access your communications on our sites, unless:
- Required by law.
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a service you have requested.
- To protect the rights or property of Nicholas Trust or any member of the public.
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Nicholas Trust recognises the trust you place in us when you give us personal information. In order to operate the site or deliver a service you have requested we may sometimes share your personal information with an affiliate or with a service partner (such as Forsythes IT & Indelible Image who manage our website).
We will not give any of your personal information to advertisers or any other organisation without your express consent.
5. “Spam” (promotional email)
We will not send you “spam” (advertising information) without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. Any email we send to you with your permission will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link that allows you to opt out of receiving any future communication from us.
6. Storage and security of your personal information
Nicholas Trust will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information that we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Nicholas Trust. However, Nicholas Trust will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
7. What to do if you have a problem or question
8. Future changes